Thursday, March 29, 2012

Thursday thoughts:)

Good afternoon everyone...Today I was inspired by a favorite blog of mine Debbi over at http://hooksandyarns.blogspot.com/ She is such a sweet lady and she shared a video of her craft room.. LOVE IT... I have craft room but nothing like the decorating she has in hers.. OMG.. So today's Thursday thought is, I am thinking of spicing up my space.. I kind of have stuff in the basement and not fully all in my room... So yup its cold and crappy outside so what better day to turn my thought to my own space and it more welcoming.. I am posting pics of now pls forgive the mess...and any and all ideas or much appreciated...
The above pic is when you first walk into my room.. That desk hold my so loved sewing machine from my dearest grandma I loved so..
This above pic is my ever so boring desk.. I need to spice it up some.. and clean up lol
Next we have the dreaded closet.. ugh is all I can say... HELP!!!!
And last the task of having to fit this stash in my craft room... I would leave it in this room in the basement but my hubby's parents are not well and will be moving in shortly with us... My father in law is in the hospital with copd and upon his release we want them to come here... Many prayers for him please..

9 comments:

  1. First prayers for your inlaws, my father also had copd. best wishes to you all.
    Wow, I thought I had a stash of yarn. You got me beat I am sure. Good luck with your redecorating I am also in the process of doing my craft/laundry room. It is such a mess right now I have stuff every were ugh. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a good sized room to work with Christy. The only ideas I have is to use shelves and containers that stack. You can also decorate the walls with the stuff you've made. Have fun. :)

    I will say a prayer for your father-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both very much... I will show updated pics soon...haves great Thursday:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good news is you have so much lovely potential for that room! Seems daunting now, but just imagine how delightful a sanctuary it will be for you shortly. Cannot wait to see the finished project!

    Prayers for your family.

    Glad to have found your blog. Thanks for following me. I am now following you, too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome :). Yes it is a daunting task but as I get going its getting easier...thanks for the prayers on my father in law. He's on day four now in the hospital and really not much better...

      Delete
  5. Hello Christy! Thank you for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower. I am now your newest follower as well. Debi does have a very interesting and neat craft room. I find that these spaces are on-going works in progress. Right now I am also trying to organize, but unlike Debi, I don't have shelves but I have a lot of plastic totes that I can stack, some are clear and I can see what is inside them. The nice thing is that you don't have to make a fashion statement craft room to create beautiful things. The main thing is to keep things organized so you are able to find what you need. Nothing worse that spending a couple hours looking for something in a messy craft room....believe me, I know, I am guilty of messy. You have a nice size room to start with and there are all sorts of ideal things to help keep things straightened up, baskets (laundry and wicker), crates, totes, even tall waste baskets work well. Have you looked on Pinterest? Type "storage ideas" in the search and see what you might find, or try the word "Organizing" and see what pops up. You might find plenty of ideas. Hope this helps a bit.
    Hoping all works out with your father-in-law. COPD is not easy to deal with whether you are the patient or the care givers.
    Good luck,
    Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ty yes I do need to get organized.. Something I'm not great on...thank you for the ideas and I will definitely be looking into pintrest

    ReplyDelete